Solid modeling in PowerShape enables creation of a project basing on its history, helping to create quickly and in simple way the reliable models.
The function Solid Modeling allows for easy defining and editing of:
PowerShape Standard enables to import files in neutral CAD formats (e.g. IGES, STEP) automatic finding and repair of defects, that might make the further production process difficult. PowerShape allows to identify undercuts, small radii and cross-sections of thin walls and application of a direct modelling in order to prepare parts for production.
PowerShape assists designing of solids. Apart from the Modelling of solids function, it contains:
1. Boolean operations – application of operation combination on solids and surfaces (difference, addition, common part) in order to quickly create complicated shapes.
2. Solid Doctor – a tool for repairing of a model, allowing to find and repair all problems related to modelling and translation of formats. This allows among the other:
- reconstruction of missing or damaged surfaces,
- filling holes and cracks,
- removing repeated geometry,
- repairing notching errors.
3. Direct modelling – quick, easy in operation tool, which allows to create complex changes in imported models, which have no history. This function allows among the other, to change size or shape of roundings, pockets, etc. It allows to modify surfaces/features through:
- replacing of surface.
4. Visual analysis of a model – interactive tools for model analysis identify potential problems with geometry even before starting production. This function enables:
- finding thin walls and small radii that require additional machining,
- bonding surfaces in order to simplify machining,
- creating reference substances for multi-axial machining.
In addition, PowerShape has efficient tool for modelling, which allows for quick and simple introduction of necessary changes, including:
- creation or modification of roundings in order to simplify machining,
- edition of angles of inclination for easier removal of tools after forming,
- creation of complex parting surfaces..
Surface modeling in PowerShape enables quick and simple creation of reliable models.
The function Surface modeling allows for easy defining and editing of:
Product design & Industrial design
Quick sketching tools allow for simple creation of accurate curves, in order to shape the surface forms. Morphing tools allow to find out new variants of a design through interactive deformation of models. Simple in use tools for surface edition, allow to modify shapes along with an idea development. Surfaces, solids or assemblies perfectly match to each other, providing the designing tool which not only makes the part look nice, but is also functional and has technological construction. Advanced tools for winding enable adding decorative textures to complicated shapes of any structure, creating projects, which cannot be executed in any other way. PowerShape gives the user full freedom to create any shape.
Packaging designers try to find more and more innovative and attractive methods to present products to their customers. Speed and accuracy of tools for surface modeling in PowerShape, give full freedom to create attractive shapes. The unique tool “scaling to volume” helps to assure that the project not only looks nice, bu will also contain appropriate quantity of the product.
Flexible Surface modelling in PowerShape means:
- Intelligent Surface creation Wizard – facilitates surface modelling, by means of automatic suggestion of the most suitable surface type, basing on selected curves,
- intuitive tools for edition – they allow to modify each surface at any time,
- advanced functions for contact control,
- possibility to modify and manipulate curves and points of the surface,
- possibility to connect and divide surfaces,
- possibility to convert solids to surfaces and vice versa,
- possibility to utilize the surface for the operation of modelling of solids and to create esthetic part design.
Dies tools in PowerShape are the range of specialized tools for designing dies and punches, assisting design engineers to save time and improve quality of products.
1.Powerful tools for roundings
Powerful, yet simple in use rounding, helps to create ideal connection between surfaces, facilitating flow of material and increasing quality of produced parts. Device for rounding include:
- multi-surface rounding,
- constant or variable radius,
- automatic trimming of surrounding surfaces,
- interactive capturing of a rounding line.
2. Surface editing
Using of the up-to-date tool, such as the surface editing, helps to achieve the optimal shape, in the possibly shortest time. This function means:
- interactive modification of borders being trimmed,
- elongation of surfaces which maintain continuity,
- interactive editing of complex surfaces for smoothness,
- using advanced morphing tools, in order to modify several surfaces in one operation.
3. Key measurement of features
This function enables:
- dynamic measurement of CAD model features, directly on the screen,
- obtaining key dimensions, quickly and accurately,
- effective creation of detailed plans,
- measurements of concavity angles and important angles directly from solids or surfaces,
- creation of cross-sections of parts in any orientation, for quick assessment of the elements chain length.
4. Analysis of surface quality
The function enables a part preview, with highlighting of unevenness on the map of a plane. The tools of edition enable solving problems related to preventing production delay. Additionally:
- Dynamic adaptation of the parts orientation, in order to eliminate undercuts,
- finding unevenness on a die or a punch, which could cause problems in production.
5. Filling of a surface
The function enables finding declines or allowances on edges and filling them by means of of even surfaces.
6. Supplementing of surfaces
The function that allows to create surfaces in order to fill in a given segment, immediately after using the part outline.
7. Surface of inclination
The function which enables to add the inclination surfaces and curves, in order to secure material from turning at the time of drawing. Possibility of creating, through selection of a parting line or by sketching own curvatures.
8. Cutting line
Automation of a cutting line creation, for elements that require restriking.
Rib capping in the PowerShape enables automatic creation of surfaces that plug ribs on moulds and dies.
PowerShape is an excellent addition for modelling in PowerMill and FeatureCAM, helping to create geometry necessary to obtain the best results of CNC machine work. The software allows to define the machining limiting areas to construct surface and use than for improved control of 5-axis machine movements.
The rib capping function is:
- automatic plugging of ribs, in order to accelerate production of moulds and dies,
- creation of all necessary surfaces with one click,
- possibility to use geometry in the software of PowerMill, in order to correct machining,
- possibility to export tangent surfaces to CAM software, in order to protect tools,
- achieving better quality of machined edges along with the cycle time reduction.